Whenever you start a new workout program, you're alway full of enthusiasm but then two weeks in, life decides to get in the way. In this post, I'll show you how to be consistent and stick with your program and break trough those obstacles in life.
1) BE CONSISTENT - Even if you are not following your workout routine, at least be active. I skipped a workout the other day because it was so nice outside, that I went for a brisk 30-minute walk instead. I was still burning calories and was still active.
2) SHARE YOU STORY - You should be telling the world that you are starting a new fitness program and that you're excited to see the end results. You friends, family, co-workers, will give you extra support by sharing that your are starting something new. You can also start a fitness Instagram to post your sweaty selfies!
3) PROGRESS PICS - Numbers on a scale should not matter to you. When you take before & after pictures, you will see your body physically changing. Progress pics will give you something to work even harder for when starting a new program. I take them myself and have gotten compliments on how tones my arms have become after doing my programs.
4) SCHEDULE - If you have a problem with not doing your workouts, you need to schedule them into your daily routine. Add them to your iPhone calendar, write them down in your planner. Whatever it takes, you need to keep yourself accountable for doing your workouts. You need to make your workouts a priority in your life.
5) JOIN AN ONLINE GROUP - There are hundreds of online communities you can join if you need that extra accountability in your life. The best way to stick with a program is to surround yourself with positive people who will be cheering you on and supporting you! If you want to join an online community, comment below and I'll add you to my free accountability group!
I hope this tips helped! I know that starting a new program can be scary but it you are consistent, share your story, make a schedule, and join a support group there is no reason for you to fail! Exercising should be FUN and enjoyable, not a chore!
What workout program are you doing? I'd love to know!