Over the past week, I have had come down with a cold. I had a stuffy nose, sore throat, etc.
Here are the things I have done this week to try and fight off this cold:
- Eat Chicken Noodle Soup
- Drinks lots of fluids, such as Orange Juice, Tea, Water, etc.
- Takes lots and lots of Vitamin C! I recommend Emergen-C Super Orange
- Take Zinc when you start feeling sick, it helps support your immune system
- Use a Humidifier when you sleep to help aid in your congestion
- Take a hot bath or shower, the steam will help open up your sinuses
- Rub Vicks Vaporub on your chest and below your nose, it helps you breathe better
- Rest! The number one thing you need when you have a cold is rest!
- Only see your Doctor if the symptoms last more than seven (7) days, you may have a sinus infection or something worse that may need to be treated by antibiotics